Mission and Values
The Perkins School is a small learning community where children and their families feel at home. Founded on the belief that students thrive in a caring environment with individualized attention, teachers foster a zest for learning while nurturing character, creative expression, and intellectual curiosity. Through shared values and active participation, parents play an integral role in the daily lives of students.
The Perkins School enables and inspires students to become engaged citizens by connecting them to the global community and the natural world. We nurture the intellectual, creative, and emotional lives of children in a diverse learning community in which an integrated, experiential curriculum prepares them for a lifetime of learning, leadership, and service.
- Creating a climate of respect, responsibility, and personal integrity
- Promoting academic achievement through hard work and doing one’s best
- Developing in every child a strong sense of self and individual talents balanced with an appreciation for cooperation and collaboration
- Encouraging curricular integration to help each child make connections, recognize patterns and develop critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Exposing children to the arts and developing their aesthetic senses
- Emphasizing ideas, inquiry, imagination, and reflection
- Forging an interdependent school community that works together to achieve the School’s mission and sustain its values
Our Commitment to Diversity
We bring together and embrace children of differing intellectual characteristics, cultures, beliefs, and socio-economic backgrounds. Perkins welcomes families of all designs to cultivate a dynamic community where we constructively interact with all people.